As someone who is passionate about healthy food, I firmly believe that homemade meals are the best way to nourish our bodies and souls. In a world where convenience often trumps nutrition, taking the time to cook our own meals is a powerful act of self-care. Not only do homemade meals allow us to control the quality and quantity of ingredients, but they also provide a sense of satisfaction and connection to our food. One recipe that embodies the essence of wholesome and delicious homemade cooking is our Healthy Cauliflower Bake. Packed with flavour and nutrients, this dish is sure to become a family favourite.
There are numerous benefits to cooking homemade meals, both for our physical health and overall well-being. When we prepare our own food, we have full control over the ingredients we use. This means we can choose high-quality, fresh produce and avoid unhealthy additives such as preservatives and excessive amounts of salt or sugar. Additionally, cooking at home allows us to tailor our meals to our dietary needs and preferences, whether that be vegetarian, gluten-free, or low-carb.
Now that we understand the importance of cooking homemade meals and the health benefits of cauliflower, let’s dive into the details of our Healthy Cauliflower Bake recipe.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Broccoli cut into florets (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or any oil of your preference.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 2 tablespoons butter
Step-by-Step Guide to Making the Cauliflower Bake
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat the butterover medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and lightly Sauté.
- Add the flour and whisk until well combined. Gradually add the milk until it becomes a sauce texture, add your spices and simmer for 2 mins.
- In the prepared baking dish, spread the cauliflower florets evenly. Pour the white sauce on top and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let the cauliflower bake cool for a few minutes before serving and then enjoy.