It has been cold lately and the weather was calling for comfort food recipe, something that would give you a hug from the inside while being healthy and delicious, sounds like a hard task to achieve right? But not for this girl lol, I came up with this easy and delicious recipe.
For the recipe you will need:
- 1 medium red pepper
- 6-8 Plum tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil or any preferred cooking oil
- Coconut Milk or Cream for garnish(optional)
- Cut tomatoes and red pepper in quarters and lay on your baking sheet, make sure to use either plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes because they have less moisture and less acid which will benefit the overall taste of your soup.
- Rub your tomatoes and peppers with olive oil, add your seasonings and bake in the oven for 30mins.
- Once they are done baking put them aside while you cut your onions roughly and sautee them until they are soft, add your baked veggies in the same pot and cook for 2mins.
- Add a bit of water or any stock and cook a further two mins.
- Once done transfer into a blender and blend everything, add back to the pot and cook on low for 5 mins. Serve and Enjoy.
This is one of those recipes that are perfect for any season, can be enjoyed as a starter or main with some garlic bread. Let me know on my socials if you enjoy this recipe.