The fear of eating more plants for most people is that they might not be able to eat their favorite comfort foods, this was one of my fears as well but I have enjoyed tweaking the recipes to meet my diet. Chinese food was my top tier comfort food, and I can safely say it’s something that I didn’t have to give up when I started eating more plants. Here is one Chinese food recipe that I have veganized and it still tastes great.
You will need:
- Chinese Rice Noodles
- Mixed Vegetables
- Soy Sauce/Oyster Sauce
- Garlic and ginger mix
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Olive Oil(or oil of choice)
- Lemon juice
- Cornstarch flour
For The Tofu:
- Wrap your tofu in a clean towel and leave for 20 minutes to drain out the water.
- On the side take 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, add 1/4 teaspoon of garlic and ginger,add your lemon juice, half teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and marinate for 10-15mins.
- Take it out and lightly dust with cornstarch and fry.
For the Pad Thai:
- In a large pan fry your vegetables in a bit of oil until they are soft, add garlic, ginger, and salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Boil some water at the same time for your rice noodles. Once the water has boiled turn off the heat and soak your noodles for 5 minutes the same way you would two-minute noodles. (There is no need to boil them as they will cook again in the veg).
- Drain your noodles and add to your veg pan, bring the heat up to medium-high and add generously add your soy or oyster sauce. Cook for 2 more minutes and ready to serve.
- Add some sesame seeds for serving and enjoy!
This is one of those easy and quick recipes that are packed with flavor, trust me this is a must-try. If you try it do leave me a shout out on my social media. Thanks for dropping by!