This entire week my sweet tooth has been hyper-active I’m sure you can tell from all the sweet desserts I am posting lol, it’s definitly been a week of indulging in my favorite treats and what better way to close the week than a creamy cheesecake.
DISCLAIMER! This is by no means a healthy recipe, it is purely for the purpose of enjoyment once in a while. It is also a vegetarian option and not vegan.
For this recipe you will need:
- Your favorite biscuits or crackers
- Melted butter or coconut oil
- Granulated or icing sugar
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream/coconut cream/sour cream
- Vanilla Essence
- Lemon juice
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Cocoa Powder (optional)
- Any berries
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in your microwave or stovetop, while it’s melting put your crackers or biscuits in a sealable plastic bag and using a cooking stick to break them until they are fine, use a food processor if you have one.
- Once you have your crackers and butter mix them together until thoroughly combined, then add some granulated sugar, your measurements of sugar will depend on the amount of sweetness you like. Once that’s done butter your muffin tin or ramekins and add the mixture. Use the base of a glass to make sure the mixture binds together and creates a smooth surface, refrigerate while you work on your topping. For a bit of colour contrast
- In a bowl mix together sour cream, cream cheese, vanilla essence, and whisk until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon for a bit of a zing, plus your granulated sugar and two tablespoons of flour only! Whisk until combined.
- Take out your cheesecake base, add more butter to the sides of your tins, then carefully add your topping making sure it does not overlap.
- Bake in the oven on 140degrees for an hour. After the hour switch off the oven and let them cool off with the heat of the oven for another hour.
- After an hour take them out and refrigerate them for 3hrs.
- After 3 hrs they are ready to serve. To take them out carefully put some warm water in a dish and place your ramekins in it for 3-5mins after that you can slide them out easily.
- Garnish with your favorite berries, sprinkle with some coconut flakes or icing sugar and enjoy yourself okayyyyyy, you deserve it!
This recipe takes a lot of patience because it can literally take you the whole day to make but trust me your tastebuds with thank you! If you end up making this yummy cheesecake let me know how it goes here! Thank you for stopping by, XOXO.