-Winners set goals.
Its that time of year where most of us feel like we have a new beginning, a clean slate and a new opportunity to become the best version of ourselves, and most of us assume that because it’s a new year things will automatically change for the better, we do set resolutions but with no specific plan of action. All change begins with a decision then comes commitment and a plan to stick to that decision.
A resolution is more like a wish, whereas goals are more detailed and progress can be easily tracked. According to Paul J. Meyer there are six aspects that make a person complete, Career,Education, Health,Social,Spiritual and Family, this is the wheel of life. If one aspect of your wheel is lacking then your life is unbalanced.
To have a meaningful plan to achieve your goals you need to set them around your wheel of life, and your goals need to have as much detail as possible and you need to visualize yourself achieving them as this motivates you to stick to your plan.
Guide to setting 2019 goals:
- Figure out what you want to achieve in the 12 months and write it down.
- Organize your plans according to the wheel of life.
- Write down detailed steps you are going to take to achieve this and include target and completion dates.
- Include potential obstacles and solutions to counter them.
- Finally write down affirmations to help you achieve your goals.
Remember a goal without a plan is just a wish, you need discipline and dedication to reach your full potential.