There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive. – Oprah Winfrey
Every human being has an innate desire to fully experience life the way we were intended to, we want to do amazing things in our lifetime but sometimes we don’t always know where to begin or know what our contribution to humanity is. We often see other people thriving in their journeys and we are tempted to walk the same journey, but as you will come to find out, you wont necessarily do well in that particular area because its your calling, you’re not living your true authentic life. So how can we come to know and walk in our purpose ?
As Oprah Winfrey Put it in her book THE PATH MADE CLEAR ” When you pay attention to what feeds your energy you move in the direction of the life which you were intended”. I believe God put in us a notion that gives us a signal, there are activities that we do that don’t feel natural and there are things that when we do them, we are happy, we are fulfilled, we lose track of time, these are some signals that are p
There are also some questions you can honestly answer that will help find your purpose (see below).
- Imagine you have the inborn ability to achieve any goal you could ever set for yourself. What do you really want to be, have and do?
- What are the activities that give you your greatest sense of meaning and purpose.
- What do you think and talk about most of the time : what you want or what you don’t want.
- What is the price you will have to pay to achieve the goals that are most important to you.
- What one action should you take immediately as a result of your answers to the above questions.
This exercise only works if you’re honest with yourself, remember you want to find your place in life not to make yourself comfortable. I recommend you read the PATH MADE CLEAR by OPRAH WINFREY, it will help you see how freeing it is to walk in your true purpose. Hope you found this article helpful.