I love a good tower of pancakes ? drizzled with some golden syrup and some yummy fruit on top, ugh I’m salivating already. While this meal is tempting it is not necessarily healthy for instance white flour is refined if consumed to excess can cause adverse health effects. Refined flour is made from wheat and wheat contains 3 parts which are wheat bran, wheat endosperm and Wheat germ, during the milling process flour is stripped of both the bran and the endosperm which are crucial for digestion this deprives your body of vitamins and dietary fiber.
The normal recipe also contains milk, although some adults are able to digest dairy a lot of adults struggle with lactose intolerance and this is because as we grow into adulthood we lose the enzyme called lactase that is responsible for breaking down/digesting lactose, it’s present and active in our younger years. The good news is that there are so many alternatives to dairy like in the recipe, I used white flour but to make it healthier and full of fiber I added wheat bran.
For this recipe you will need:
- Wheat Bran (If you have whole wheat flour this is not necessary)
- Soy Milk/Almond Milk
- Brown sugar
- Strawberry/Fruit of choice
- Vanilla essence
Method Pancakes :
- Whisk your eggs with sugar and vanilla essence and milk.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Fold in your egg mixture with your dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Heat your pan with butter or coconut oil and add in your mixture bit by bit.
Method Strawberry Sauce:
- Cut your strawberries In half.
- Put them in a pan with a little butter and fry them until they become soft and start forming a paste.
- Add your cinnamon and sugar and serve with your pancakes.
The end result is beautiful tower of pancakes ready for you to enjoy, if you’re vegetarian like me you can totally skip the meat and if you’re vegan you can skip the eggs and add a banana instead. If you liked the recipe, let me know in the comments. Thanks for stopping by ?.