I have recently gone vegan, because of health reasons and it has been a journey of ups and downs it took a while to get used to all the alternatives and to let go of my favorite food like eggs, but after 3 months I can safely say I have a hang on it. So if you want to try out a vegan diet or maybe you’re just dairy free then this recipe is for you.
For this recipe you will need:
- 10 Fresh or Pitted Dates
- 2 bananas or 1/2 cup flax seeds soaked overnight.
- Pecan and macadamia nuts
- 1 cup flour
- Veldeemers dark chocolate
- Coconut Milk
- Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- If you’re using fresh dates take out all the seeds and put them in a blender.
- Roughly Chop your proffered nuts plus your chocolate and place in blender as well.
- Mix in your banana or flaxseed into the blender, these two act as egg substitutes, you can use either one or both of them.
- Mix in all your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Start by pulsing your blender 3 times because you don’t want the mixture to be watery right away, after you have pulsed 3 times add in your coconut milk at this point you can blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Take out your wet mixture and fold in the